Friday, November 19, 2021

Throwback: My Leyla Muslim Dolls!

These are my Leyla Muslim Dolls which I bought years ago, and I am posting this because when I saw them, I couldn't seem to recall where I bought them. I know that it's not from any online shop, so it's probably from some convention or local stores in my area.

I just decided to write this because a friend of mine posted on Facebook that he's looking for a Muslim doll. People were quick to reply that he should get the  Barbie designed after Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, part of Mattel's  "Sheroes" series. Then, I recommended getting these beautiful Leyla dolls. They are depicted as Muslim dolls wearing two-piece satin Abaya and satin Hijab!  I think they look more authentic! They actually kinda reminds me of the Jenny / Licca dolls from Japan, in terms of their bendable bodies.





I'm actually not sure how much I got them last time, but they are still apparently available online - I saw them at https://muslimdolls.com, and they retail for $29.99 plus shipping! I haven't opened them, and I don't think I'd sell them anytime soon, but it's lovely that Muslim girls could get this doll that actually represents them. I hope to see more of these Leyla dolls, and I may have to research more about the company.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment